Project Management for Library and Museum Moves
Museums and libraries guard the history of our existence and life achievements of the great and unusual. These often fragile and extremely rare collections necessitate any relocation project, whether large or small, to be vigilant to their sensitive needs.
Practical experience has equipped Acton Relocation Management with the skills to plan and project manage the safe and secure relocation of libraries, museums and heritage exhibits.
Library and museum move management services
Meticulous planning to relocate comprehensive library collections or, for example, natural history artefacts such as zoology, entomology and taxidermy specimens is covered by an inclusive transfer strategy to include:
- Agreed scope of work
- Engagement with collections specialists
- Review of storage solutions
- Budgeting and financial control
- Move scenario planning and management
- Contractor research and evaluation
- Contractor/supplier cost and qualification reviews
- Move mapping and indexing
- Management of contractor service delivery
- Control of tailored packaging and unpacking for delicate artefacts and exhibits
- Management of temperature controlled transfers through logistical planning
Following our comprehensive planning, your relocation strategy will ensure the safe handling, transportation and re-placement of your library or museum stock.
For absolute clarity and safety in the relocation management of esteemed collections, you can trust in Acton Relocation Management.
Call today to discuss your needs on 0800 860 6700 or click here to enquire.